Saturday, June 7, 2008

Yipee!


Ciao raggazzi!
I"m here! Everything went really well. Nothing eventful on the flights and connections. I was able to purchase my train ticket and navigate the train station all in French (I was so proud). On my train to Ventimiglia I crossed paths with another girl in the program which was fortuitous because we were actually waiting around in Ventimiglia for about 3 hours. Her name is Jenn. She's  middle school teacher from pennsylvania. We strolled around, walked down to the beach, got gelato. I had tiramisu, caramel and coffee flavors. OMG, so good! By the time we got to san remo it was about 430 here. Some of the administrators were there to meet us and took us to the hotel which is beautiful and rustic. Its on the top floor and looks out over the ocean. It even has its own clothesline! Adorable! There are four of us sharing for the week - Jenn is actually with me Theres another woman named Stacey (from AZ) whos very nice and a girl named Jess (from NY) who is a little exclusive with her friends down the hall.

But I couldnt call because my phone isnt activated yet. From what I can understand of the Italian voice recording it sounds like its because it hasnt yet processed my passport email. Unfortunately I dont think that will happen till the beginning of the week because it said up to 3 business days. I asked at the desk and I cant use the hotel phone with my calling card. I need to go downtown. Im currently at an internet cafe with Jenn and Stacey about 10 minute walk from our hotel.

I am so glad that I dont have orientation tomorrow. Im exhausted but very happy and excited. It looks exactly like that picture. I am literally in a postcard - I love it!!! It sounds like i wont know where im going until late next week. But right now im ready for anything (sorry about my bad punctuation - these keyboards dont appear to have apostrophes).

This evening Jenn and Stacey and I wandered around and got our bearings and had pizza and wine and as soon as I finish this email Im going straight to bed! Ill check in again soon and call you as soon as im up and running.
All is well! Ciao tutti!
Mia

No comments: