Monday, July 13, 2009

What do you think?


So I've been a little busy. Well, that and the internet connection hasn't been very good. If anyone still reads this, my apologies for my absence. Thanks for sticking with me. 

As some of you know, my birthday was a couple weeks ago. The big two-three was a pleasant, if low-key affair; cupcakes, a trip home, a lovely dinner and musical at the Goodspeed Opera house, a barbecue with friends, and quite a few fourth of July thunderstorms. 

But the best is yet to come. And it will be one of my favorite things - next on my list after brown paper packages tide up with string. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, I'm getting a kitten. We have a friend who's cat had a litter last week, five babies, all little tigers. I haven't chosen mine yet, but I'm hoping to get a little girl. I'm beyond excited. 

So here's where you come in. I have been wracking my brain thinking of names. I thought that the perfect one would hit me like a bolt of lightening, but apparently that's not how it works. So I'm welcoming input from cyber space. Here's my list of favorites:

Macchiato / Mac (Macchiato also means spotted in Italian)
Blueberry Muffin / Blue
Scout Finch
Sunny-side Up / Sunny
Coda (Italian for tail, also a musical term)
Vespa
Pantoufle (French for slipper, the name of the imaginary kangaroo in Chocolat)
Taormina / Mina (a beautiful town in Sicily)
Princess Buttercup
The Barefoot Contessa

Ok, see why I need some help? I'm all over the map here. Please keep in mind though that this is not a democratic vote. I'm definitely looking for your thoughts, but please don't be offended if I don't go with the most popular (or wackiest) suggestion. I also think the personality may play a role, but since I haven't met the little guy yet, that aspect is a wild card. If you'd like to suggest your own name, some guidelines I've been working with are - Italian/French inspired names, place names, favorite heroines and breakfast foods. Random, I know. Thanks for the help!

2 comments:

Agu. said...

Vespa! and Pantoufle! so cute!! But Vespa is actually my favourite :) I also liked Barefoot contessa but it's kinda long... :D Baci, amica!!

Baileywyck said...

actually, the longer I've thought about it, Scout is a pretty cool option.
It has the wonderful double meaning of the great Harper Lee character, and the kind of inherent, "on the lookout" quality a cat often possesses.
That one's got legs.