Friday, October 21, 2011

I seem to have accrued some good Karma...


I'm good with the universe today. Let me tell you why:

- I remembered my baseball hat when I went to yoga, so I could cover my sweaty bangs on my way home afterwards
- Yoga was awesome; I feel energized and relaxed all at once
- I unclogged the toilet without calling a) a plumber b) the landlord or c) my father
- It's a beautiful fall day
- I got groceries after going far too long without any
- I had a nice chat with the man putting pretzels on the shelf who was grateful that I didn't knock them all down after he had just stacked them so neatly
- Ben and Jerry's mini-ice-cream cups were on sale
- A mom pushing her baby in a stroller gave me a "Wooo McGill!" chant when she noticed my sweatshirt
- The postman thoughtfully stepped aside to let me pass with all my grocery bags on the narrow sidewalk
- Snack of apple cider and ginger snaps
- I seem to have gotten over my "settled into grad school life" ennui

Moral of the story: noticing what's good in every moment makes me a happy camper.

2 comments:

Halley said...

Apple cider and ginger snaps - my favorite as well!

Baileywyck said...

Sounds like you're doing it right.