Sunday, November 15, 2009

Jotting things down

So this writing revolution of mine (aka my recommitment to blogging and booking) is not proving to be a piece of cake. Not that I thought it would be, but I do find that I need to constantly prod myself into sitting down and typing something out. I find this curious because it is indeed something that I want to do. I enjoy it; I find it very satisfying when I get on a roll, and I always feel accomplished when I've made some progress. So what then is this natural force that makes me disinclined to actually do it? But here I am again. I'm trying. So I guess I will give myself credit for that. I feel that so long as I am constantly nagging at myself, there's hope.  

I carry a little notebook with me to jot ideas down in, but it's a far cry from being able to actually flesh out and develop a thought while I'm on the go. Much as I love my macbook, it's not as portable as I would wish. So, I'm putting on my christmas wish list a request for one of those teeny tiny word processing laptops so that I can carry it with me. My parents don't know that's on my wish list but they soon will... a mini laptop and a really good traveling backpack (more on that later). Being able to write on the t or stop in a coffee shop to do some work on my way home would greatly increase my free writing time. So enough excuses. I leave you now to put in some quality one-on-one time with my book. 

No comments: