Sunday, July 20, 2008

Thiene/Venezia




Ciao tutti!

So now I'm in Thiene, outside of Vicenza and Venice. One of the tutors I worked with last week is working with me again here. He's very nice, but a little obsessed with his new Italian girlfriend who he is texting constantly. It gets a little old. But if that's the only thing to complain about, we're doing pretty good.
I'm staying with a wonderful family who actually took me on a spur of the moment trip to Venice today. It really is as amazing as I thought it would be. We wandered around, went to Piazzo San Marco and several cathedrals. It doesn't feel like a city because there are no cars or scooters. Its much more relaxed than the other cities I've visited here. And yes, there are gondolas, which are actually much bigger than I thought they would be. The city is full of steep bridges and windy narrow streets lined with artsy stores selling masks, glass and lace. It's so easy to get lost, but at the same time, who cares, you're in Venice!
So tomorrow my fifth week of camp begins. It's at the local middle school and we have I think 45 students split amongst 4 tutors. I have a meeting tonight with my camp director and the other tutors. I'm hoping I might already know some of them, but we shall see. 

Anyhoo I should hop off the computer so I don't monopolize it, but hopefully I'll have a chance to use it some this week. Love to all, let me know what's new!

No comments: